Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ocean



Jondi Productions - Ocean

On this edition of the "usually every Sunday nature/environmental sounds post", the Closet presents the sounds of ocean waves from the not-too original title Ocean. The above pic gives a desciption of the two cassette sides. Ocean wave sounds are probably the most recorded of environmental sounds meaning that there are more recordings available of these sounds on the market than of other natural sounds. What makes this one stand out from almost all the rest is the length of both tracks which I haven't seen before at 45 minutes though I'm sure there more out there with a similar length. This tape was recorded in Carmel, California on a private lagoon. This accounts for 90 minutes of only ocean waves which is nice to hear as I wish I was there instead of here in Oklahoma where the temperatures have been averaging about 102 degrees the past month.

No information about Jondi Productions has turned up on the fantastic resource known as Google. Everything I know about Jondi Productions is on this tape as I found it for cheap at a library sale earlier in the year.

Side One

1. Sunny Afternoon {45:26}

Side Two

1. Sea Wall {45:03}

4 comments:

  1. thanks for all the nature & environmental sounds

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really enjoy visiting your site(s), full of surprising
    sounds and curiosities,thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. excelent blog, man, thanks for all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big Tnx! Maaaaan! You're the best!!!

    Luke

    ReplyDelete