
I would like to wish my visitors and fellow bloggers happy holidays and hope that everyone enjoys whatever holidays and traditions are celebrated.
I'll be offline most of the time during the next few days as I'm visiting family and maybe a lost relative. I hope to resume posting a day or two after Christmas.
Before I go, here's a present under the tree.
ReplyDeleteHenry Cowell - The Piano Music of Henry Cowell
To complement the Doris Hays LP I posted earlier this month, here are Cowell's pieces peformed by Cowell himself.
Tracklisting:
Side I
1. Tides of Manaunaun {2:22}
2. Exultation {1:46}
3. The Harp of Life {4:10}
4. Lilt of the Reel (USSR State Edition) {1:56}
5. Advertisement {1:06}
6. Antinomy {2:59}
7. The Aeolian Harp {1:31}
8. Sinister Resonance {1:59}
9. Anger Dance {1:49}
10. Banshee {2:24}
11. Fabric {1:20}
12. What's This {0:56}
13. Amiable Conversation {0:49}
14. Fairy Answer {2:48}
Side II
1. Jig (manuscript) {2:06}
2. The Snows of Fujiyama {2:15}
3. The Voice of Lir {2:58}
4. Dynamic Motion {3:07}
5. Trumpet of Angus Og (manuscript) {3:17}
6. Tiger (USSR State Edition) {3:20}
7. Henry Cowell Discusses the Above Works in the Order in Which They Appear on the Record {12:56}
(1) (2)
Merry Christmas to you and yours, & many thanks for the great postings of 2009, & the anticipation of postings for 2010.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks again, and to all fellow bloggers and readers
Warm regards
Pilgrim
Merry Christmas
ReplyDeleteMay your holidays be warm and bright
Merry Christmas and happy holiday season to you and your beloved, hopefully new year will be better than the previous.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas! THANKS for all your work with the blog!
ReplyDeleteWhat, no Christmas field recordings? hahahaha
ReplyDeletethanks for all the great posts this year, you and yours have a pleasant holiday
Merry Christmas G.C. and THANKS FOR ALL :)
ReplyDeleteHey man Merry Xmas to you too & thanks for sharing all this awesome material
ReplyDeleteThanks for all music shared,
ReplyDeleteHeddwch/Peace xx
thank you for this wonderful blog!
ReplyDeleteThank you for this amazingly weird blog, I'm a fan!
ReplyDeleteCheers from Istanbul
Happy Hollydays and Happy New Year !
ReplyDeleteHappy new year, keep up the good work
ReplyDeletethank you for your well wishes, my friend, and here's to a better future in 2010!
ReplyDelete