
Nexus - Rune: Nexus Plays the Music of Hawkins, Tenney and Mather
Dance Variations composed by John Hawkins
performers:
Bob Becker - marimba
Robin Engelman - xylophone
Russell Hartenberger - glockenspiel, bongos, congas
John Wyre - vibraphone, roto-toms
Rune composed by James Tenney
performers:
Robin Engelman - Part I (objects of metal with short decay)
Russell Hartenberger - Part II (wooden objects)
Bill Cahn - Part III (rattles of various types, including snare drums and tambourines)
Bob Becker - Part IV (drums)
John Wyre - Part V (metallic objects with long decay)
Clos d'Audignac composed by Bruce Mather
performers:
Bob Becker - solo marimba
Robin Engelman - marimba
Russell Hartenberger - vibraphone
John Wyre - glockenspiel, cowbells, tubular bells, bass drum
James Tenney's piece was the one that drew me to this recording as I am interested in his work and hope to have more on this blog from Mr. Tenney in the future. Meanwhile, "Rune" and the other material is quite enjoyable (for me) and worth checking out especially if you're interested in percussion music.
Tracklisting:
1. Dance Variations: I {1:46}
2. Dance Variations: II {1:19}
3. Dance Variations: III {7:11}
4. Dance Variations: IV {6:51}
5. Dance Variations: V {2:11}
6. Dance Variations: VI {1:35}
7. Rune: 0' (first part) {8:06}
8. Rune: 8' (second part) {12:09}
9. Clos d'Audignac: (solo marimba) {4:40}
10. Clos d'Audignac: (ensemble entrance) {2:21}
11. Clos d'Audignac: cadenza I {3:15}
12. Clos d'Audignac: (interlude) {1:46}
13. Clos d'Audignac: cadenza II {2:07}
14. Clos d'Audignac: (coda) {1:37}
Hello Grey calx.
ReplyDeleteAny chance for a re-up?
I've just posted another Bruce Mather work and am going to attend a Mather concert soon.(music for pianos in 1/16th tones!!)
Plus, we need more percussion here, dont'cha think?
Best.DrI
Hi DrE
ReplyDeleteSorry about the delay. It's back up. Yep, we need more percussion here and dead links aren't any good.
Dead links aren't any good. Just thought you should know. This looks terrific!
ReplyDeleteIt's back up (again)!
DeleteSo glad! Lots of percussionists I know will be more than pleased.
Delete..thank you..
ReplyDelete