Sunday, April 13, 2008

Echoes of Nature: Frog Chorus



Echoes of Nature: Frog Chorus

It's another Sunday. Might as well enjoy it as Monday is inevitable. As the title says, this is a recording of just frogs. I wish the first two two tracks were a little longer. The last track, the 44 minute "Frog Chorus", is mesmerizing.

As if seated at the edge of a marsh, you will soon feel surrounded with the calming croaking of your very own platoon of ever watchful friends, the frogs. Enjoy a frog duet and the relaxing sound of frogs singing alongside running water. Finally, under the moonlight, relax to an ever changing frog chorus.

Tracklisting:

1. Duet {2:24}

2. Water Frogs {3:36}

3. Frog Chorus {44:28}


(1)

16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice site! Would you mind if i add it as a link from my feevies in http://noizepills.blogspot.com?
    Later

    ReplyDelete
  3. H.C., you're welcome. Glad you like it.

    To anonymous, what is a feevie? I've never seen that word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With your permission I've also added a link to this post within my own frog recording entry at Singer Saints- the classic Folkways LP Sounds Of North American Frogs.

    http://singersaintsrecords.blogspot.com/2008/04/sounds-of-north-american-frogs.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joe, you don't have to ask my permission. Feel free to link to any post. Thanks for linking this post and letting me know about it. I've linked your post too.
    By the way, that's a great post. I've always wanted that LP. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, the post and the Singer Saints blog has long vanished from the web. A few years ago, I did pick up a copy of the CD of Sounds of North American Frogs. This album definitely deserves to be called a classic, well worth seeking out.

      Delete
  6. hc...

    i am intrigued by most of what i find on your site. you offer so many wonderful recordings that redirect the way one listens to, and interprets sound and music. with your nature series however, i am reminded that the greatest compositions available to us, come not so much from the imagination of man, but rather the organic sounds of our living planet. thanks for collecting and sharing your vast library of studio and field recordings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... Thank you so much. Please give us more animal sounds...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the kind words, Miles. Glad you're enjoying the offerings here including the field recordings. That is a great point you make about the greatest compositions coming from our world. It's something worth thinking about.

    yannick, there's more coming. Usually there will be something every Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really LOVE this series - there's no better composer than mother earth. If you'd like to get your hands on the entire 10-CD set...just follow this link: http://welove-music.blogspot.com/2007/04/echoes-of-nature-box-set-10-cds.html

    They've got very loads of other useful music, too (I especially like their ECM section). Cheers, Adam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the find, Adam. Today happens to be the first time I've read your comment as I've been checking for dead links and getting them back online.

    ReplyDelete
  11. all of the links for this appear to be down.

    ReplyDelete
  12. disregard...the depositfiles one works, eventually (though none of the others do so you might want to reup anyway)

    ReplyDelete