Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Closet of Curiosities is 3 Years Old


Well, we made it through another year (May 26, 2006 - present). This may seem egotistical for me to post another anniversary or birthday post since I did it last year, but I believe that three years is a milestone in the blogosphere especially of this type of blog. A Closet of Curiosities has come far from an obscure blog with just a few visitors to a semi-obscure blog with more traffic.

I would like to thank H.C. Earwicker and Telvin Bartruss for contributing worthwhile and compelling posts during the past year. I would also like to thank other folks for posting contributions in the comments section including Davis for the Twilight Zone soundtrack box set.

Another thank you goes out to the folks who joined The Closet of Curiosities Fan Club (i.e. followers of this blog) as well as a thank you to those who left comments (except for those that left spam). Sorry, I haven't responded to all of the comments due to lack of time. I read all of them and they are appreciated (except the spam of course). I should also thank people who support this blog by linking to this blog on their blogs, websites and personal social networking pages.

Finally, I would like to thank my visitors for stopping by and checking out the stuff I post. I hope that so far I have accomplished what I set out to do which is for this blog to be an educational resource for electronic, avant-garde, ethnic, environmental/nature, improv and ambient music and sounds as well as the quirky novelty recordings and whatever else I occasionally like to show off to the world.

Looking back on the first post of A Closet of Curiosities, the post sounded ambitious. I am thinking about mixing it up a little by posting about books or visual art for example, but I do not want to stray too far from what I have been doing for the past 2 1/2 years on this blog that I was given. Then again, that is what my Twitter page is for and I need to really update that thing.

I was in the process of planning something special for this day, but a few incidents in real life occupied my attention this past weekend. So all I have is this chocolate cake that I found which looks tempting although I'm not crazy about the font. Dig in.

45 comments:

  1. Congratulations !! Your blog is the best ever !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats. Most don't make it near that long. I didn't. Almost, but not quite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I really appreciate your work. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Props!
    Here's to 3 more (at least).

    =/B^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks much for such a great blog! I find most blogs go a year, two at most. Most of 'em get shut down or the bloggers just get burnt out and want a break. You've given us a fantastic pipeline to some very unique sounds, and I'm sincerely grateful for the opportunity to enjoy it. Best wishes for another three!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats. This is the best music blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! i love your blog!!! Gracias amigo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. many thanks for all the wonderful music your blog has provided,your efforts are greatly appreciated !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thank you for share your fabulous phonographic discoveries! I appreciate the K. Stockhausen's LPs and especially "The Science of Sound", because I always dreamt of a recording like that. Good luck and continues this way!
    A greeting from Osorno, Chile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations
    It’s always a pleasure to find new posts on your blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. all the best "A Closet of Curiosities"

    ReplyDelete
  12. G.C. Thanks on ALL! :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations and 1000 thanks for your hard and excellent work. Your blog was the first really interesting music blog I found, after wading through miles of mouldy musical swampland. Keep on doing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for The Closet! I stop by often. I've been trying to come up with something clever re. judging a cake by its font but iGot nuthin. Thanks again for some amazing posts and happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  15. three years is indeed a milestone for a blog such as this with almost just one single contributor (grey calx). with your weekend soundscapes you also brought structure into your posting (something stefan from paris did with "sunday is for french"), good idea, indeed.

    i find it extraordinairy that - despite the amount of posts, which even increases in the last months - the content never fades in quality, meaning = the music is always something to make one curious, always off the beaten track, and often enough real audio jewels!!

    all the best for another 3 years! ;)
    lucky

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for all your work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. congratulations! thanks from Argentina...

    ReplyDelete
  18. congrats..a no nonsense wonderful blog that has opened my ears to much i would not have heard.

    Keep up the good work...the move to mediafire has been welcome too...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! My you celebrate many more anniversaries!! Many thanks for the beautiful music.

    ReplyDelete
  20. big up your collective chest Closet of Curiosities crew

    ReplyDelete
  21. A "Happy Birthday" and best wishes!

    Regards,

    Saverino

    ReplyDelete
  22. This blog is an educational resource for everyone with a genuine interest in contemporary music. In a time where blogs start to win prizes, I suggest the jury starts looking here for the real deal. Please give this man a lot of money....

    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Birthday. And many thanks for this very interesting and singular blog.
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  24. You continue to be an illuminating and enlightening source of entertainment, knowledge, and just plain music fun. Congratulations and know you have made an important contribution to my knowledge (and creativity as I use many of your albums in my mash-ups). :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on surviving 3 years.
    Thank you for all the great music, entertainment, and knowledge. Looking forward to tomorrow... G

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for three years of generously sharing wonderful music! And may your blog have many more.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Because I'm a lazy bastard I rarely post thank you's but you all deserve a hearty round of appluase for your excellent choices for us with the 'dl's' - lovers of music of all sorts who can't get enough. I really enjoy the old asian LPs and much of the electronic works and all kinds of oddities I couldn't imagine.

    Thanks for one of the top few blogs on the net and all your hard work prepping the material - scans, IDs, covers, track listings, notes and of course the music. It really is very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  28. congratulations ! thanks for all works!
    wonderful beautiful magical closet !
    from japan :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. cheers,
    a big thank you for the things you presented so far!

    the happy researcher

    ReplyDelete
  30. felicidades por este grandioso blog, que sean muchos años más keep the music on!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations! Your blog is fine place for curious ears.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Лучший и неповторимый блог.
    Невероятная концентрация ценного багажа музыкальной художественной мысли XX века.
    Редчайшей удачей было обнаружить здесь работы до настоящего времени не доступные на носителях с 60/70-х годов.
    То что Вы делаете, отражает во мне самые прекрасные формы чувств, которые я стараюсь передать окружающим.
    Здоровья и крепости духа желаю Вам!
    Из России с любовью.

    ReplyDelete
  33. all the best! keep on the good work!
    thanks for everything. especially the
    dolphin/waterfall/hurrican type of recordings..
    love

    ReplyDelete
  34. nothing original to add to the above alas, but must say something - thanks so much, haven*t regretted one second of the time spent in the co of you and yr music, all wonderful, true class.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulations. I only discovered your blog a few weeks ago, but am really enjoying going through the back catalogue. Brilliant stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  36. wonderful!! your blog is amazing. many thanks and many congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you so much for sharing so many esoteric gems with us. Your blog is one of my favorite places to visit, and I commend you on the job you've done on here over the past three years.

    Best, Kevin

    http://eclectic-grooves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congratulations!!! And a big THANKS for all your music!!
    CM

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congratulations. I hope you'll be able to carry on for a couple of more years. Many unexpected gems to be found here, several of which I have used for a radio program.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful music that would otherwise be lost and unavailable for us.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thank You Grey!
    You consistently go beyond the call of duty.
    COC has improved the quality of my life.
    I'd like to buy you a pint of beer.

    ReplyDelete