This series of records is from the late 1960's.The French Broadcasting System In North America present French Music And French Musicians.
These records are no doubt rare in that the individual programs (clocking in at thirty minutes each) are divided between two different l.p. records (so thet the radio dj could make the smooth transition from part one to part two without having to break and turn over the record.)
These records are almost 50 years old, and so I imagine that finding the correct pairs to reproduce an entire show might be pretty difficult.
Another, more interesting feature is that the records contain in many cases broadcast premieres of compositions commisioned by the ORTF specially for these overseas broadcasts.
(This first post is one of these).
It seems quite possible to me that many of these contemporary pieces may not have ever subsequently received major label recordings, and might therefore be one-of-a-kind, unique items.
Each program begins with a spoken introduction-a brief biography of the composer and a short description of the work to be presented, with the principal soloists, orchestra and conductor named.
As the records have no covers and most are missing the typed paper insert, I might make errors in spelling the names of the musicians presenting these works.My apologies in advance.
Last year my father was lucky enough to find almost 100 of these l.p.'s and, as far as I know, all programs are complete. He's been sending me the modern music ones, and this is the first one I've decided to post.
Thanks, Beboppa Poppa!
The French Broadcasting System In North America-
French Music And French Musicians, Program 184.
Therese Brenet- Fragor, poème en six mouvements pour deux pianos et orchestre 1969
a1: spoken introduction (1:41)
a2: Fragor (beginning) (11:51)
b1: Fragor (conclusion) (15:02)
b2: end notes (0:28)
Commande de (Commissioned By) l’O.R.T.F.
Catherine Brilly,Anne-Marie Fontaine- Pianos
Strasbourg Orchestra,Directed by Roger Albert

(1)

pass=curios
ReplyDeleteuse 7zip to extract.
nifty
ReplyDeleteVraiment Bon, et je te dis Merci Bien. or in english, Very well and I say thank you. I really hope you find more beautiful stuff to open up here.
ReplyDeleteThank Your Father as I presume you already have done
Wonderful to find these recordings! I, as a fan of music of Pierre Sancan, have only on set of those discs - nos.759/760 with Sancan, Bondon and Clérambault. I am looking forward to more of those interesting programs. Thanks so much for sharing those.... cheers!
ReplyDeleteWow-759-760! They put out more of these than I had imagined. (Mine go up to about 193/194 or so.)
DeleteI've never heard of any of the three composers you mention.This collection is great for new discoveries, isn't it?
Any idea what year your edition came out?
Have you been able to find any information online about this series?
Do your records look the same as mine?
Hey !
ReplyDeleteI've followed your blog for quite a while, and seriously, keep it up. There are only a
few places on the internet where I can find some really rare music, and yours is a reference.
I dunno if you've heard of this website, playlistunes, but for the listening of cool stuff it's pretty fu**ing cool, I think you should have a look.
Here are a few page I would recommend :
Home, sort of a "best of": Rare Music
Jazzy Beats
Relaxing Playlist
Rare Hip Hop
Rare Reggae
Rare Funk
Energetic Music
Grooves