
Spooky Tooth and Pierre Henry - Ceremony
Electronic music pioneer Pierre Henry collaborates with Gary Wright, then a member of blues-based hard rock band Spooky Tooth, for this concept album revolving around a Mass. Even though this album was Pierre Henry's idea and Spooky Tooth were called in as a session band to record some songs for Henry, Ceremony was sold as a Spooky Tooth album. From what I understand, Spooky Tooth fans generally enjoyed the previous album Spooky Two and were looking forward to their next release. Most of the fans seemed to be rather disappointed with Ceremony with some still hating it up to this day. Spooky Tooth's rock music is blended with Pierre Henry's electronics throughout the album. The mix works for some while it doesn't for others. Overall, I think this album rocks.
Tracklisting:
Side 1
1. Have Mercy {7:50}
2. Jubilation {8:21}
3. Confession {6:46}
Side 2
1. Prayer {10:48}
2. Offering {3:25}
3. Hosanna {7:35}
(1) (2) [may be reposted soon]
Note: This was ripped from an LP copy which will explain the surface noise including a few crackles and pops. My copy's cover has a big pinkish sticker that says "Special Price" that I was unable to remove. I used someone else's cover.
ReplyDeleteI have an old vinyl copy of this -- loved it. Thanks for letting me hear it again!
ReplyDeleteThanks for this, I've wanted to hear it for a while now and interesting (and rocking of course!) it is. While I'm here I'm wondering if anybody can post or point me in the right direction for some Maori and native New Zealand music. My mother has just returned from an educational visit to schools there and needs a soundtrack for her video presentation for her school. I guess you’re the right 'guys' to ask!
ReplyDeleteThanks in advance.
re-up please...
ReplyDelete