Monday, March 31, 2008

Piano Music of Erik Satie Volume 1



Erik Satie - Piano Music of Erik Satie Volume 1

performed by Aldo Ciccolini

From sometime in the mid 1960s to the 1970s, Aldo Ciccolini attempted to record all of Erik Satie's piano pieces. The performances were released on six volumes on six separate LPs. Satie gave humorous and quirky titles to most of his pieces and there are translations provided below.

Translations of some titles:

Heures séculaires et instantanées - Age-Old and Instantaneous Hours
Trois Valses distinguées du précieux dégoûté - Three Distinguished Waltzes of the Disabused Affected Man
Trois Avant-dernières pensées - Three Next-to-Last Thoughts
Trois Morceaux en forme de poire - Three Pieces in the Form of a Pear
Croquis et agaceries d'un gros bonhomme en bois - Sketches and Exasperations of a Big Boob Made of Wood

Tracklisting:


Side 1


1. Trois Gymnopédies {7:39}
2. Heures séculaires et instantanées {3:18}

3. Trois Valses distinguées du précieux dégoûté {2:34}

4. Trois Avant-dernières pensées {3:13}

5. Trois Gnossiennes {6:51}

Side 2

1. Trois Morceaux en forme de poire {12:19}

2. Croquis et agaceries d'un gros bonhomme en bois {3:44}

3. Trois Nocturnes {7:44}

(1)

5 comments:

  1. great stuff, really classic. I have the lp but it's got many scratches by now! Good to have it digital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this - and Vol 2. You can never have enough Erik

    ReplyDelete
  3. My copy is not perfect either. I'd grade it as VG+.

    Five of the six volumes of Erik's piano music by Ciccolini is up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings friends!
    I'd like to thank you for reposting this wonderful six volumes masterpiece.
    I recently discovered your blog and I'm already addicted to it.
    Thanks a lot for your great work guys.

    Your fan and follower,

    Ted :)

    ReplyDelete