Thursday, December 13, 2007

Waking Dreams


Michael Burritt - Waking Dreams

Thought I'd put this up as this happened to be playing in the background while I was looking out the window staring at the aftermath of the icestorm that recently hit central Oklahoma. The marimba music seems fitting and appropriate for the beauty and devastation outside.


I lost power for a while, but now I'm one of the lucky people with power along with heat and running water. Not everyone can say that. I also was fortunate to not have my car smashed by a falling tree. However, the front yard of my home is almost covered with broken and leaning tree limbs.

There is some snow headed my way this weekend. It will be even harder to have power restored to some people as it would have taken seven to ten days to have it restored anyway without the additional weather. It will also be more difficult to navigate the streets and watch for the debris littering the roads as I have some Christmas shopping that has yet to be done.

I'll try my best to be around since it has been about a month since I last posted here. Thanks to H. C. Earwicker for holding down the fort while I was gone.



Tracklisting:

1. Scirocco {7:28}

2. Timeless {15:25}

3. Prelude 1: Moderate {2:58}

4. Prelude 2: Scherzo {1:31}

5. Prelude 3: Ballad {2:08}

6. Prelude 4: Song {1:34}

7. Prelude 5: Dance {2:38}

8. Azure {11:45}

9. Waking Dreams: I - Allegro Grazioso {6:14}

10. Waking Dreams: II - Recitative Cantabile {7:13}

11. Waking Dreams: III - Allegro Barbaro {8:04}

12. The Offering {2:37}

(1) (2) [maybe reposted soon]

No comments:

Post a Comment