Sunday, March 15, 2009

Environments 15 [tape]



Syntonic Research Inc - Environments 15 [tape]

The liner notes say: This superbly realistic colossus of a thunderstorm places you out on the front porch of a rural farm house. The storm begins with ominous distant rumblings. Thunderclaps soon build to foundation-shaking intensity. Water will seem to drip from your speakers as you experience the awesome power of nature. Leave it on for a while and you'll find you miss it when it ends.

Tracklisting:

1. Country Thunderstorm {24:36}

Both sides of the tape are the same.

3 comments:

  1. I'm downloading this one as well, hot on the heels of last Sunday's excellent Babbling Brook. Thanks for all the nice rips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a relatively recent newcomer to your blog, I'm delighted with the unusual/underappreciated music you post. But I especially have a soft spot for these environmental recordings on Sundays. And I think the Environments series must be the very best of the genre (along with the original Solitudes series, the recordings Dan Gibson did before he started adding music). Great post -- thanks very much for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. continuo,

    You're welcome.

    --------------------------------

    fretz,

    Yes, the Environments series were the first (and best) to do environmental recordings. The original Solitudes series are also great and I've found a few other companies/series that have good recordings and interesting ideas. I'll try to have each of them up every Sunday along with hopefully another album of bird songs as well. :)

    ReplyDelete