Friday, September 28, 2007

Historic Moments Volume Two



Creation Rebel - Historic Moments Volume Two


From the liner notes:

"Historic Moments Vol. 2" is the third installment of the On-U sound Creation Rebel collections [no I don't have any more on hand, please don't ask]. This compilation contains tracks from "Starship Africa" and "Threat To Creation".

The talents of musicians such as Dr. Pablo, Crucial Tony, Clifton "Bigga" Morrison, Style Scott, Bonjo I, Tony henry, Desmond "Fat Fingers" Coke, Mr. Magoo, Sucker and Keith Levine are well in evidence along with the blossoming production skills of one Adrian Sherwood circa 1979 - 1980.

This album as the title suggests is a snapshot of an historic moment in time and is a must for all ON-U Sound fans and connoisseurs of great music alike.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The product of the fertile and prolific British producer, mixmaster, and dub genius Adrian Sherwood, Creation Rebel was one of Sherwood's first endeavors as a producer. Originally the backing group for the late reggae great Prince Far-I, Creation Rebel worked with Sherwood from 1977-1980, recording some of the best reggae dub music this side of Lee Perry during the early English punk era. Languorous, funky, spacy, and totally intoxicating, it's exciting to hear the awesome production/mixing talents of Sherwood in their early days. Similarly, the band (drummers Style Scott and Fish Clarke, bassist Clinton Jack, keyboardist Bigga Morrison, guitarist Crucial Tony, and percussionist Slicker) play with a grace, effortlessness, and power that most studio bands would kill to achieve. With the band's talents so wonderfully used by Sherwood, this is without a doubt some of the best and most important non-rock music to be made in England in the late '70s. (bio from AMG)

Tracklisting:

1. Space Moment Section 1 {4:59}

2. Space Moment Section 2 {5:16}

3. Space Moment Section 3 {4:33}

4. Space Moment Section 4 {3:19}

5. Space Moment Section 5 {0:48}

6. Space Moment Section 6 {8:57}

7. Space Moment Section 7 {4:08}

8. Space Moment Section 8 {4:15}

9. Space Moment Section 9 {4:33}

10. Chemical Specialist {4:19}

11. Threat to Creation {3:35}

12. Last Sane Dream {3:22}

13. In I Father's House {3:53}


(1) or (1) (2) or (2) [maybe reposted soon]

6 comments:

  1. The last track on this compilation is quite rare: Prince Far I's "In I Father's House" a versioning of "Quante Jubila" later found on one of the ON-U releases by Singers and Players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi folks, thanx for all these trips, sometimes it's really hard to manage a save landing. If U like, I can up vol 1 of this creation.
    Rock on !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi boogie. I know what you mean.

    That would be great if you can up Vol. 1. I only have Vol. 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here we go !

    http://rapidshare.com/files/82517260/CreReHiMoPVo1.zip

    CD rip, VBR, the cover is about the same as vol 2.
    Tracks 1-8 an original 1977 Hitrun recording.
    The 2. album "Rebel Vibrations" is also included (tracks 9-16) and features Style Scott before the formation of Roots Radics in '79
    Drums: Eric "Fish" Clarke / Style Scott
    Bass: Clinton Jack / Lizard
    Keyboards: Clifton "Bigga" Morrison
    Guitar: "Crucial" Tony
    Perc: Slicker
    Melodica: Doctor Pablo
    Rec. @ Goosberry Studio / Chalk Farm London

    Have a pleasant flight !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much thanks, boogie. I'm looking forward to hearing this (going on this trip) later in the evening. I like your Krautrockteam blog. More possibilities of trips.

    ReplyDelete