
various artists compilation - Opus '70
As far as I know, there were 'new music' avant-garde "Opus" albums made every year by Radio Nederland. I do not know the first year this was started and I do not know the last year. I do not even know if this is currently continuing. I am still trying to find out more information about these annual Radio Nederland "Opus" albums.
The LPs contain samplings of Dutch avant-garde music that was created and performed during the year (for this LP it is 1970). These LPs were offered as a free service to radio stations outside of the Netherlands. Before the performances of each of the pieces on the Opus LPs, an announcer tells the background of each piece.
The LP sides are listed as "programmes" (i.e. side 1 is programme 1).
Tracklisting:
programme 1
1. Otto Ketting - Set of Pieces for Wind Quintet {16:03}
2. Ton de Kruyf - Seance {11:34}
(for percussion, piano and harp)
programme 2
1. Will Eisma - Because It Is {13:26}
(for harpsichord, oboe and percussion)
2. Ton Bruynel - Signs {13:16}
(for wind quintet with electronic sounds)
Here is something for you ....Here are links for the Bailey - Sabu - Brotzmann - Live In Okayama cd -------Recorded on Nov 16 th 1987 here are mp3 links -- http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=00bb25726436bb1eab1eab3e9fa335ca30362dea1add66f9 .. here is a link for the cover ...www1.ttcn.ne.jp/~improvised.co/cd002_okayama.jpg
ReplyDeleteThank you Jazzme. I'm downloading these right now. Sounds like a good one with the personnel involved.
ReplyDeleteAnother Opus LP has been posted. This one is from 1969.
ReplyDeleteAnd of course, Opus '71 is the post following this post.
It's finally been reupped.
ReplyDeletes-p-l-e-n-d-i-d! thanks for this series!
ReplyDeleteCLOSET and Inconstant Sol are the flagships of Music-Blog-World, that's for sure