Sunday, December 7, 2008

Environments 5 [cassette]


Syntonic Research, Inc. - Environments 5 [cassette]

Syntonic Research, Inc. released some cassettes in addition to LPs. It may be confusing that Environments 5 on cassette has crickets where Environments 5 on LP has heartbeat sounds and leaves blowing in the wind (posted earlier in this blog, BTW). The Environments cassettes are a different series from the LPs though I believe that the first 2 or 3 cassette releases are the same as the LPs. Enjoy the chirps of the crickets (which are male crickets singing to attract females) as they will most likely wither and die as winter is coming on (here in the northern hemisphere).

These are crickets, perfectly recorded with all the complexity and syncopation of nature's whims. The sounds seem to be coming from a great distance and nearby, yet you can't really say where they are, as this sound in stereo truly fools the mind. Since crickets are essentially a single, specific frequency, the sound is transparent, aiding conversation without interference, transforming a darkened room into an unspoiled pasture or meadow, where one can find peace.

Tracklisting:

1. Crickets {28:55}

Note: Both sides of the cassette are the same. It was done this way for continuous playback. To get continuous playback with the file, just activate "repeat" on your player of choice.

(1) or (1)

7 comments:

  1. Wow, here's another cassette I used to love -- and another one I lost long ago. Can't quite believe I found it here -- thanks a lot for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and thanks for the choice selection of music. I had purchased several other Environments LPs and tapes, but not this one. Unfortunately, the link has expired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christopher,

    It's reuploaded. Sorry there's no Mediafire link as it's not working at the moment. There's only the Multiupload link with 6 (maybe 7) options to choose from to get it.
    Thanks for letting me know about the dead link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have this online again? i'd love it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nature sounds collection is just the best! I keep coming back to find more I haven't heard before.

    ReplyDelete