
various artists compilation - Electronic Music/Musique Concrete: A Panorama of Experimental Music, Volume 1
Recorded under the supervision of Pierre Henry, in collaboration with the sound laboratories of the West German Radio, Italian Radio, French Radio and Television, and Studio Apsome in Paris.
The liner notes say:
Electronic music and musique concrete offer incredible possibilities to composers of imagination and vision. The works of eleven such composers are represented on these two discs and the rich diversity in approach and achievement testifies to the full blown presence of a new and vital art form.
In our century, one of a composer's principal functions has been to explore his environment and translate his discoveries into meaningful sonic symbols. Viewed from this angle, the development of electronic music and musique concrete over the past twenty years has followed a course of inevitability; creative artists are interpreting our contemporary life with sounds uniquely expressive of man's flight into technology and space.
In this album the listener will encounter some fascinating music that gives exciting artistic expression to the moods and tenors of today.
Note: There is a fragment of the first LP that has been broken. That means only the first tracks on each side of this LP are unplayable. All other tracks play okay. Apologies in advance for those missing tracks, but the music on this compilation is essential electronic music which makes this still worthy of posting.
UPDATE: Check the comments for the missing tracks. Thanks hamor.
ANOTHER UPDATE: The missing tracks provided by hamor are provided in the files.
ANOTHER UPDATE: The missing tracks provided by hamor are provided in the files.
Tracklisting:
Side 1
1. Luciano Berio - Momenti {7:06}
2. Luciano Berio - Omaggio a Joyce {6:16}
3. Bruno Maderna - Continuo {8:03}
Side 2
1. Luc Ferrari - Visage V {10:37}
2. Iannis Xenakis - Orient-Occident {10:38}
3. Francois Dufrene and Jean Baronnet - U 47 {3:28}
Side 3
1. Mauricio Kagel - Transition I {12:55}
2. Herbert Eimert - Selection I {9:45}
Side 4
1. Pierre Henry - Entité {5:40}
2. György Ligeti - Artikulation {3:45}
3. André Boucourechliev - Texte I {6:12}
4. Henri Pousseur - Scambi {6:16}
the missing tracks
ReplyDeleteLuciano Berio - Momenti & Luc Ferrari - Visage V
http://rapidshare.com/files/155441618/EMMClost.rar.html
from PANORAMA DES MUSIQUES EXPERIMENTALES France original edition PHILIPS A00.565/66 L (2LPs)
LP cover
http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=300895
Thank you hamor for the missing tracks.
ReplyDeleteI noticed when I was looking up this album that this album has several different covers. I like best the one that I have.
Thank you for this good old electronic music!
ReplyDeleteI've been going through your blog using the random post feature and ran across this great electronic music post. But there's two tracks missing! I tried to access hamor's file but it has been removed. Did you download these missing tracks? If so, is there some way you can post them again? I'd really like to hear them. If you can, thanks in advance. If you can't, I guess I'll just have to settle for the rest of the record. Thanks for the post of what you did have!
ReplyDeletemickd3,
ReplyDeleteI've reupped the files and I've included hamor's files with the rest. You'll have to download these again to get all of the tracks. Sorry to do this, but I forgot that you asked for just the two tracks. Hope it's not a problem. The files for this compilation are better organized since I have the missing tracks.
BTW, I'm glad to know someone is using the random post feature.
Hello, can you reupload the album please? all the links are dead by now...
ReplyDeletegrey calx,
ReplyDeletecan't find download links,
please re-up
They're back up. Enjoy.
Deletemaybe reposted soon?please elaborate.
ReplyDeleteThat means that the links are back up.
Deletethanks a lot GC
ReplyDeletelinks are down again
ReplyDeleteCan you provide the missing tracks again?
ReplyDeleteThank you