Friday, October 31, 2008

The Ghost Orchid: An Introduction to EVP



various artists compilation - The Ghost Orchid: An Introduction to EVP

I suppose that I should post something related to Halloween today. Here are some recordings of voices from beyond along with commentary explaining EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomenon). These voices have appeared on the tapes of paranormal researchers seemingly in an attempt to communicate to the living.

Tracklisting:

1. Leif Elggren - Introduction {2:10}

2. Raymond Cass - untitled {7:09}

3. Leif Elggren - Polyglot Voices - Commentary {0:39}

4. [unknown artist] - Sonja Liepina {0:16}

5. [unknown artist] - Where's Mable {0:25}

6. [unknown artist] - Cold Soldart {0:13}

7. [unknown artist] - Gorgeskov {0:11}

8. [unknown artist] - Dawson {0:14}

9. [unknown artist] - Germans Visit Frederic {0:17}

10. [unknown artist] - You're Very Good {0:16}

11. Leif Elggren - PSB Interrupt - Commentary {0:45}

12. [unknown artist] - She Doesn't Bother {0:42}

13. [unknown artist] - Aircraft Intercept {0:29}

14. [unknown artist] - Elvis {0:21}

15. [unknown artist] - Put It on Ice and I'll Mend Your Feet {0:36}

16. [unknown artist] - Jesus {0:18}

17. [unknown artist] - Radio Luxembourg {0:18}

18. [unknown artist] - Raudive {0:24}

19. [unknown artist] - Not Enough There to Copy {0:11}

20. [unknown artist] - Oliver {0:07}

21. [unknown artist] - Don't Do It! {0:12}

22. Leif Elggren - Singing Voices - Commentary {0:43}

23. [unknown artist] - Out of This World {1:15}

24. [unknown artist] - All Your Sorrows {0:59}

25. [unknown artist] - Only Sonja Will Make It {0:21}

26. [unknown artist] - Uppsala Sun Countess {0:14}

27. [unknown artist] - I'm Joined to Many Countries {0:17}

28. [unknown artist] - I've Made It! {0:28}

29. [unknown artist] - Copyist {0:35}

30. Leif Elggren - Instant Response Voices - Comment {0:17}

31. Raymond Cass - Prometheus Passademus {0:38}

32. [unknown artist] - Of Unknown Origin {0:17}

33. Raymond Cass - Raudive 2 {0:52}

34. Raymond Cass - Mrs. Green {0:21}

35. Raymond Cass - Waistcoat {0:06}

36. Raymond Cass - Justified Theft {0:36}

37. [unknown artist] - Philip Larkin {0:13}

38. [unknown artist] - Tramping {0:21}

39. Raymond Cass - Unknown Possible {0:23}

40. [unknown artist] - So Strange I Remember You {0:06}

41. [unknown artist] - Bruckerby {0:06}

42. [unknown artist] - Burned With Force {0:21}

43. Leif Elggren - Alien Voices - Commentary {0:43}

44. Raymond Cass - Alien Voices {2:41}

45. [unknown artist] - Dead Machines {0:13}

46. Raymond Cass - Mysterious Voices {0:47}

47. [unknown artist] - Cosmic Race {0:17}

48. Raymond Cass - Wacky Shout {0:35}

49. [unknown artist] - We are Eagles {0:22}

50. Raymond Cass - Less Weird {1:02}

51. [unknown artist] - We Can See Edith by Radio {0:16}

52. Raymond Cass - Referring to Me {0:23}

53. [unknown artist] - He'll Be Ready to Be a Hero {0:25}

54. Raymond Cass - Exalted Visitor {0:31}

55. [unknown artist] - The Duke of Biarritz {0:10}

56. Raymond Cass - Prophetic Voice {0:18}

57. [unknown artist] - Carefully With Nerve Gas {0:12}

58. Raymond Cass - The Evil Struggle {0:48}

59. [unknown artist] - Monopoly Asian {0:06}

60. Raymond Cass - Intriguing Female {0:09}

61. [unknown artist] - Here Ist Astauder {0:09}

62. Raymond Cass - Gutteral Male {0:12}

63. [unknown artist] - We Originate on a Planet {0:13}

64. Raymond Cass - This Pressure {0:16}

65. Raymond Cass - More Pleasant Female {0:23}

66. [unknown artist] - Schallplatten {0:11}

67. Raymond Cass - Mysterious Females {0:20}

68. [unknown artist] - Una {0:32}

69. Raymond Cass - Male Entity {0:19}

70. [unknown artist] - Sistrenatus {0:09}

71. Raymond Cass - Gutteral Entity {0:14}

72. [unknown artist] - They'll Never Believe Us {0:10}

73. Raymond Cass - There are Probably Millions Now {0:24}

74. Leif Elggren - New Research - Commentary {0:28}

75. Johannes Hagel & Margot Tschapke - New Techniques and Interpretations: A Preliminary Report on a Scientific Investigation of EVP {1:10}

76. Leif Elggren - Archive - Commentary {0:21}

77. Michael Smythe & Nadia Fowler - Breakthrough 7" side A {10:47}

78. Michael Smythe & Nadia Fowler - Breakthrough 7" side B {10:31}

79. Leif Elggren - Conclusion {0:26}

(1) 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, man, I used to have this CD... great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Grey. Thanks. I wanted to post a Halloween mix on "Hush Caution Echoland!", but I didn't get to it because of other work that had to be done. This CD would have fit nicely in that mix.

    Two things, though: that ghost of Elvis sure must be a hoax - everybody knows he's still alive. And: I'm missing the voice of Stalin. Or at least Lenin...

    ReplyDelete
  3. litlgrey, I agree with you 100%. :)

    ----------------------------------

    H. C., you're welcome.
    That's too bad as I wonder what a Halloween mix from you would sound like.

    I've been telling people for years that Elvis is still alive. The Weekly World News or one of those other tabloids that occupy supermarket checkout stands say so. Since the tabloids have better journalistic standards and ethics than my hometown newspaper, it has to be true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh such a shame the recording cant b e dwonloaded anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  5. bjorn,

    I can have this back online though it will take a few days.

    ReplyDelete